Enviado por admin el 18 June, 2013 - 21:28.
National Cancer Institue. Fact Sheets: Pathology Reports
- A pathology report is a document that contains the diagnosis determined by examining cells and tissues under a microscope.
- Frozen sections of a tissue sample are done when an immediate answer about a sample is needed.
- The pathology report is usually created after a biopsy or surgery.
- The pathology report includes information about the patient, a description of how cells look under the microscope, and a diagnosis.
- NCI is sponsoring clinical trials that are designed to improve the accuracy and specificity of cancer diagnoses.